PrettyThin...Again

PrettyThin Again

Forums

Forum Home > Do you want to know who we are? > What is PT2?

Kelpie
Administrator

What is it about PT2 that you like?

--

April 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

rachel

To me it is perfect.  It feels safe, it feels like home.  It has a sense of community again which was lost with the move and James' subsequent actions.  It's supportive, honest, and it's run by people that care about the community and all it's members.

April 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ems
This content has been removed due to abuse.
--

New blog guys, rambling basically.

April 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Fig

This place looks like just what we all needed. Thanks for crearing it!  :)

April 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tibasaur

It's everything that was awesome about PT.

And it's eliminated the one thing that ruined it for me.

--

Height: 5'5 BMI: 20.3

HW: 148lbs LW: 117lbs

CW: 122lbs GW: 98lbs

133 132 131 130 129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115 114 113 112 111 110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100 99 98

April 2, 2013 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hayleysmiles

A  place I can call my home.  Friendly environment and lots of support  throught the darkest days of my life.

April 2, 2013 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lovelybones

That the people who run this site actually give a shit about it's memers.

--

My withering heart kept steady as it became clear that its silence was the answer they were looking for.

April 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hayleysmiles

lovelybones at April 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM

That the people who run this site actually give a shit about it's memers.

exactly..!!  well said !

April 2, 2013 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George

Agreed! 

--

http://www.prettythinagain.com/apps/forums/topics/show/9334079-devil-s-food

April 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bron

A place without judgement. A place that even if you post stuff on a 'bad' day people still care and support. And it feels respectful here.

--
April 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Something I stumbled upon earlier kind of sums it up. It's the Room of Requirement. If you're looking for support for recovery, if you need to vent, if you are seeking a better understanding of this disorder, if you just need to connect with others going through the same things, it has what you need. Plus we're fighting the power, just a little bit. 

--

April 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AvaLaunch

0.0 at April 3, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Something I stumbled upon earlier kind of sums it up. It's the Room of Requirement. If you're looking for support for recovery, if you need to vent, if you are seeking a better understanding of this disorder, if you just need to connect with others going through the same things, it has what you need. Plus we're fighting the power, just a little bit. 

This! 

--

"Have I gone mad?"

"I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

Slow and Mild, you peaceful child. Afraid of mice...afraid of life...

April 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

rachel

Love it!!  And I feel less geeky now with all of the Harry Potter analogies floating around in a few threads lol :P

April 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ameliaaa!!

all of the above! 
Also that it looks like the good ol' place we originally called home before all the changes.
And this one people actually know how to use and is easy to navigate round.

--

.Originaltumblr.Publictumblr.Privatetumblr.
.:*・°☆..youtube..☆°・*:.

April 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hushed-Whispers

PT2 does feel more homely. I love that long time members of PT actually run this site. They have empathy for all of its members and will actually listen because everyone can relate to one another. It feels like everyone has a voice again. I also like how the site is a lot less complicated. I feel like its a lot more understanding and honest. It just has a much better vibe :)

--

April 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

biggirl43

i had a different profile name on the old pt, and kelpie helped me thru alot, even though i never told her. im thrilled to see your still here. *hugs*

--
XoXo*tormented my the mirrors, envious of the invisibilities, and longing of perfection*XoXo

April 11, 2013 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

zena695

this place seems like a safe haven for those of us suffering with eating disorders, day in, day out. It's nice to have people who understand what I'm going through.

--

A culture fixated on female thinness is not an obsession about female beauty, but an obsession about female obedience. Dieting is the most potent political sedative in women's history; a quietly mad population is a tractable one.

--Naomi Wolf, "The Beauty Myth"

April 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

UnderAchiever

Exactly!

April 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ReneeLouvier

I've been gone from PT for over a year. I tried to come back to it recently. WTF happened to it? It's a wordpress thing or something?? (I can't log in on my Wii U gamepad to wordpress, the captcha throws off.) ...but I stumbled upon here. Its a nice place, I can log in, browse easily, beautiful looking!

I'll say this...I am home again.

--

HW: 289 lbs LW: 110 lbs CW: 246.9 lbs

I will lose this weight, I will be healthy. I WILL BE SKINNY FOR MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND AGAIN!

April 16, 2013 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dollface

To me pretty thin is a place that I know is there when relapse comes. It's not to get tips or tricks, it's to hear again from some one else that it's okay to have bad days. It reminds me that no one chose this path and gives me somewhere to go during the panic attacks when no one understands. I've been on and off PT for several years and each time its helped me through until I could kinda deal with it again. People always say that these sites encourage young girls - but actually this was one of the sites that brought me to a counsellor when I really needed it. The funny thing is what actually set this whole thing off was not online and it wasn't seeing pictures of skinny girls either. So if you're a parent or someone visiting friendly note -- what you say around people really really affects them. 

--

I'm weak and stupid. I gave in. I guess I'm stuck here until I'm thin against 

Act V

Dreams of the morrow hath shattered soul

Pride is Lost.

Wings stripped away, the end is nigh

Such is... the fate of a monster.

Even if the morrow is barren of promises,

nothing shall forestall my return.

If this world seeks my destruction...

... It goes with Me

April 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply